FOR A QUICK & EASY ORDERING PROCESS, PLEASE FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW:
1. Select your desired print media.
2. On the print media product page, select a media size, finish type, and confirm or deny contour cut.
Contour Cut Guidelines
- File should be supplied in AI, EPS, SVG, or PDF format with vector contour lines.
- IMPORTANT: Contour lines must be assigned as a Spot Color named 'CutContour'.
- Open the Swatches Palette. If the Swatches Palette is not readily visible, you may need to open it by selecting Swatches from the Windows menu.
- Click the 3 horizontal lines in the upper right corner of the Palette, and select New Swatch. This opens the New Swatch dialog.
- Enter CutContour as the name of the new swatch. This needs to be spelled exactly as shown here.
- Select Spot Color from the Color Type drop-down menu, and use the slider bars to create a color. The color is not important since it will not be printed.
- Click OK to close the dialogs.
- Select your cut paths and assign your new swatch color to those paths.
- Contour lines and print image must be supplied in the same file.
- Contour files must be at least 2" less than width of print media.
- Opacity of CutContour lines MUST be at 100%.
- DO NOT hide the CutContour layer or turn off the option to print.
View More Information
View More Information
To assign a spot color using Adobe Illustrator:
Note: You may use any vector-based drawing program you want. These instructions are specific to Adobe Illustrator. Most drawing programs will follow a similar process. If you have trouble, see the Help Files in your drawing program.
Taking these steps allows us to seamlessly assign your CutContour lines. If followed correctly, the CutContour lines will NOT print. Failure to follow guidelines may result in delayed processing time.
PNG file types with transparent backgrounds are acceptable, but not recommended. Please be aware that PNG files work in a RGB colorspace, and WILL be converted to CMYK when sent to print. We are not responsible for any inaccuracy or color shift that occurs as a result of the conversion.
3. Upload your Print-Ready File(s). Allow upload to complete before advancing to the next step.
We strongly recommend that files uploaded to Alwan Wraps follow these guidelines:
- Art must be 1" less than width of selected media (ex. For 60" media, art files should not exceed a 59" width. This is to insure that art is not affected during the trimming process.
- File size should not exceed 1 GB.
- Generally, 72 PPI at 1:1 ratio (or 100%) is a good standard for large format prints. Content that does not meet this standard may experience print images that are fuzzy, pixelated or otherwise distorted for which Alwan Wraps does not accept any responsibility.
- Designed in CMYK with no embedded color profile. You may upload in RGB or some other standard if you choose, however, the color will be converted to CMYK and Alwan Wraps is not responsible for any inaccuracy or color shift that occurs as a result of the conversion.
- When submitting vector files, please be sure to convert all fonts to outlines, curves, or paths.
- Artboard should contain whole image. If an image extends past the artboard, the file will only import the portion of your image contained within the artboard. Do not include excess white space.
- Acceptable file formats for printing: PDF, PSD/PSB, TIFF, JPEG, TIFF, PNG, AI. (Note: Each file type has different qualities and limitations that make them suitable for specific jobs.)
- Files should be ready to print as-is, with the exception of scaling due to file size limitations. If a job needs to be scaled, it MUST be noted in the comments section of your order.
- IMPORTANT: If you are unsure of whether or not your file is print-ready, please contact our design team before submitting a print order. Alwan Wraps can not be held responsible for pixelated images due to improper sizing/resolution of the file provided. When submitting your print order, the file is automatically added to our print queue, and may not be forwarded to the design team for review.
We reserve the right to reject content that does not meet this standard, but we do not assume any obligation to verify that the content meets this criteria.
4. In the "Quantity" box, input the total square footage needed for your submitted file(s).
Calculating Square Footage
A calculator is provided within each product page to assist you.
- Select the appropriate product width to accommodate the size of your files. Keep in mind that we request your art be 1" less than the width of the media selected (Note: Not all products are available in various widths).
- In inches, enter the length of your file(s) (minimum 12") into the "Length" box, and ensure that the "Width" box contains the full width of the print media selected. Calculations are based on the total square footage of media used to print your project.
A customer with a 36"W x 72"H graphic selects a 48" width Print Media. The customer would enter the total length of their file (72) into the "length" box, and input the appropriate width of the print media selected (48, 54, or 60) into the "width" box. The calculated square footage of 24 square feet will display below.
5. Press the "Add to Cart" button. You will be automatically directed to your cart, where you should review your order and confirm all the information submitted is correct. If square footage or art files are submitted incorrectly, this may cause a delay in processing and can result in order cancellation.
6. Your files will then process to be printed and shipped.
- Order will be shipped to the address provided with tracking info sent via email.
- Orders ship Mon - Fri, typically 24 - 48 business hours from time of order.
- Estimated date of delivery provided at check out.
- Alwan Wraps offers expedited service for a small upgrade fee.
Expedited service provides the following:
- Next day delivery (Mon - Fri) if ordered before 12PM EST
- Sat delivery option available in some areas.
If you have any questions before ordering, please feel free to contact us.